2011 – What’s happening around you?
- Sunday, April 17th – Autism Awareness Walk at Beaver Lake ~ Check out this website for all details: http://www.victoriaautismwalk.com/
- Also on April 17th – the MS Walk/Run this Sunday At Willows Beach Park in Oak Bay (Beach Drive at Dalhousie). Choose a 3 km, 6 km or 9 km route, all wheelchair/scooter accessible. Dogs on leashes welcome. South Vancouver Island MS Society Chapter website
- SUNDAY, MAY 1ST – TC 10K Event!!! YES this is the ‘one’ we talk about!
- May 8th, 2011 – sound & silence Mother’s Day walk/run. This certified and professionally timed course is open to all levels of participants, bringing together members from the running community, walking clubs, elite running clubs, supporters of the agency, clients and volunteers. Participants can choose to enter the 10 km run, 10 km walk or 5 km walk.
- May 15th, 2011 – the Cool ½ marathon (but keep reading) in support of the Help Fill a Dream Foundation… and NO you do NOT have to do the whole thing… The ekiden relay is a great option and in the past I have challenged the sole sisters – if we create 10 or more Sole Sister teams I will do the whole ½… so please gather up three more friends (sisters!) and create your team of 4… register …but create your name to begin with The 2011 Sole Sister… yadda yadda yaddas… “For example you may call yourself “The 2011 Sole Sister Swaggers”… whatever you want… but beginning by the 2011 Sole Sisters… keeps us knowing that in the end – we are all a team. Walkers and runners welcome… their website is: http://www.peninsularunners.com/events/oakbayhalf.htm It truly is lots of fun especially when it’s full of sisters… and YES all for a great cause!
- Sunday, June 5th in Vancouver CHILDRUN…
- Sunday, June 12th – HERE IN VICTORIA – the 2nd annual KidsRun!!! YES proudly presented by the Sole Sisters! In support of pediatric oncology at our very own VGH!
Yes will see – that walking and running can take you many places…with many people… for many great reasons!